PlayBook for Business
All tablet. All BlackBerry.
BlackBerry PlayBook for Business
“If this is the businessman’s tablet then it definitely
looks the part.”
Everything you need from a tablet. Everything you expect from the BlackBerry solution.
If mobile productivity is your game plan, the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet delivers the performance and portability you need to seize opportunity virtually anywhere, any time.
With BlackBerry® PlayBook™ OS 2.0, the best of BlackBerry collaboration, communications, powerful productivity tools and your favourite apps come together to help you stay connected to the people and information that matter most.
Enhance the PlayBook experience with business apps
BlackBerry App World
Discover apps for everything from data collection and time tracking to business analysis and workflow management in BlackBerry App World™.
Take Windows® desktops and apps to go with support for Citrix® Receiver1. Check your email, review documents and approve expenses.
Adobe Connect Mobile
Download the free Adobe® Connect™ Mobile app to participate in or host multi-point video conferencing, with two-way video and the ability to present content, right from the tablet.
See how your business is performing anywhere and anytime, and get instant access to clear, understandable metrics.
Key features at a glance
Ultra powerful. Ultra portable. Ultra fast.
Super fast Webkit browser
The Webkit browser supports HTML5 and Flash® media, allowing users to surf all the web has to offer including information and web-based apps on your organisation’s intranet.
Power and performance
The new PlayBook has a more powerful 1 GHz dual core processor and 1 GB of RAM that together pack top performance into a slim, ultra-portable design.
The PlayBook keeps users’ apps running together with amazing
speed and reliability: users can download music, review
presentations, surf the web and start video chats all at
the same time.
Long lasting battery
The PlayBook is designed to keep up with the busiest days with renowned BlackBerry battery efficiency.
Best of BlackBerry collaboration is built in
A powerful unified inbox lets users quickly manage personal and work email accounts and messages from social networking sites like Twitter®, LinkedIn® and Facebook®—all in one place.
The people-centric calendar provides updated information about the people who mean the most.
The relationship-centric contacts app is an information hub of profiles that displays recent status updates and mutual contacts.
Video chat between PlayBook tablets over Wi-Fi® with front- and rear-facing HD cameras and dual stereo speakers.
Be productive. Stay competitive. Wherever, whenever.
Documents To Go
Create and share documents from anywhere or make edits that just can’t wait with Documents To Go® Premium.
- The first tablet to achieve FIPS 140-2 certification, making it trusted by governments and other organisations for which security is paramount.
- The operating system is built from the ground up to be resilient and secure. It can even be updated over-the-air to help ensure the latest features and security updates are always ready to go.
- The PlayBook can be configured to authenticate with VPN connectors to access information behind the firewall.
Print To Go
Print documents as PDFs directly from a PC to the PlayBook with Print To Go.
- Use BlackBerry® Bridge™ technology to connect a PlayBook with a BlackBerry smartphone to access email, calendars, BlackBerry® Messenger, files and other data directly on the tablet while maintaining your work environment's existing level of security.
- BlackBerry Bridge technology allows a BlackBerry smartphone2 to be used to control a PlayBook wirelessly or as a wireless keyboard or track pad.
Simple manageability with BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10
Activate the PlayBook with BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 to give your organisation the tools it needs to easily manage and secure PlayBook tablets.
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 gives a PlayBook secure, managed access to your organisation's email, calendar, contacts, and work apps and information.
- Activation creates a separate space for work apps and information so sensitive business data can be kept separate and secure.
- IT staff can set policies, lock and wipe work information, and install or remove work apps remotely and wirelessly.
- Can provide a catalog of your organisation's required and optional work apps.
- All of this is done separately from personal apps and information, and with little impact to the user experience.
- With BlackBerry® Balance™ technology, PlayBook users can utilize their tablet for work and play with the security your organisation demands. It provides the right amount of protection for the work apps and data users need, with the flexibility to enjoy the personal apps they want.
- Size: 5.1" x 7.6" x 0.4" (130 mm x 194 mm x 10 mm)
- Weight: 0.9 lbs / 425 g
- Display: 7" LCD, 1024x600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
- CPU: 1 GHz dual core processor
- System memory: 1 GB RAM
- Internal storage: 16, 32 or 64 GB memory
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n), Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
- Camera: dual HD cameras (3 MP front-facing and 5 MP rear-facing)
- GPS: assisted, autonomous and simultaneous GPS
- Video playback: H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VP, WMV 9
- Audio playback: AAC, AMR, MPEG, PCM, WMA
Learn more about supported media types
- Connectors: Micro HDMI, Micro USB, 3.5 mm audio output and external charging contacts
Citrix Receiver for PlayBook requires a Citrix-enabled IT environment.
Requires BlackBerry Bridge version 2.0 or later.
Adobe, the Adobe logo, and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Citrix and Citrix Receiver are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc.